ECE 255: Distributed Software Architecture Design
- Douglas C. Schmidt
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- University of California, Irvine
- Classroom -- ICS 259, Mon 6-9
- USENET newsgroup -- uci.classes.15582-s00
- Final exam, June 12th, 7-9pm CS 259
- Good proficiency in C++, OO design,
operating systems, and network programming
- Knowledge of how to use email, WWW, and USENET newsgroups
The following are electronic versions of my course handouts. Most of
these handouts are stored in compressed postscript 4-up on a page.
Files ending in .gz are compressed with GNU Zip. To create .gz files
use gzip; to uncompress them use gunzip (or gzip -d). You can use your
favorite search engine to find the most recent versions of these tools
or get them from the
University of Texas. In addition, Eric S Rosenthal has donated a perl script that
converts the 4-up handouts to 1-up handouts.
- Overview of Socket Programming (April 3rd)
- Overview of CORBA
- Overview of Real-time CORBA
The following is a partial list of the programming assignments in the
class. More will be added shortly. Please following the submission
guidelines when mailing your solutions electronically.
Please see the online
instructions for information about setting up your ACE+TAO workspace,
which is needed for the CORBA assignments.
In addition, ECE 255 will have a final project. This project will
involve building a substantial distributed software application using
one or more of the technologies covered in the programming
Back to CS Courses home page.