A six-session course on Optical networking taught in 2002.
These sessions covered the following topics:
1. Fundamentals of Networking: OSI Reference Model, Physical and Datalink layers
2. Introduction to TCP/IP: Addressing, DNS, OSPF, BGP
3. Fundamentals of Optical Communication: Types of Fibers, Optical components
4. Carrier Networking Technologies: SONET/SDH, OTN, GFP, LCAS
5. Next Generation Data Networking Technologies: Gigabit and 10 Gbps Ethernet
6. Recent Developments in Optical Networking: IP over DWDM, UNI, ASON, GMPLS