R. Jain, "Congestion Control in ATM Networks: Recent Results and Open Problems," Invited Lecture at Intel Communication Workshop, Portland, Oregon, August 15-16, 1995.
This talk covers the following topics:
- Congestion Control in ATM Networks: Recent Results and Open Problems
- Congestion Control: Our Schemes
- Computing Advertised Rate
- Innovation 1: Most Recent Info
- Innovation 2: Same Feedback in one Interval
- ABR-Only Systems
- VBR+ABR Systems
- A Simple VBR Model
- Problem with Current Congestion Avoidance Schemes
- ERICA+: Switch Algorithm
- Queue Control Function
- How Much to Allocate?
- Low/High Start vs Slow/Fast Response
- Is Fast Response Good for WAN?
- Explicit Rate Feedback: The MIT Scheme
- Congestion: Summary
Presentation slides in Adobe Acrobat Format:
Back to Recent Talks by Raj Jain
Complete List of Audio/Video Lectures by Raj Jain
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page