Virtualization and Software Defined Networking (SDN) for Multi-Cloud Computing
An invited talk at PES University, Bangaluru, India, September 17, 2014.
This talk covers the following topics:
- 1. Virtualization
- 5 Reasons to Virtualize
- 2. Cloud Computing
- Why Virtualize a Network?
- Levels of Network Virtualization
- Network Virtualization Techniques
- Names, IDs, Locators
- Fallacies Taught in Networking Classes
- Residential vs. Data Center Ethernet
- Spanning Tree and its Enhancements
- Shortest Path Bridging
- Virtual Bridging
- Planes of Networking
- Separation of Control and Data Plane
- SDN 1.0: SDN Based on OpenFlow
- What is SDN?
- What do We need SDN for?
- SDN 2.0: OpenDaylight Style SDN
- Open Everything
- Current SDN Debate: What vs. How?
- How to SDN?
- Separation vs. Centralization
- 5. Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Service-Infrastructure Separation
- Micro-Clouds on Cell-Towers
- Any Function Virtualization (FV)
- Carrier App Market: Lower CapEx
- Trend: Multi-Clouds
- Services in a Cloud of Clouds
- 10 SDN Research Issues
Presentation slides in Adobe Acrobat Format:
Right click and save to download
Frequently asked questions about remote audio/video viewing
Back to other lectures of the series
Complete List of Audio/Video Lectures by Raj Jain
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page