Modes of Operation
This lecture covers the following topics:
- Modes of Operation
- 1. Electronic Code Book (ECB)
- Cipher Block Chaining (CBC)
- k-Bit Output Feedback Mode (OFB)
- k-Bit Cipher Feedback Mode (CFB)
- Counter Mode (CTR)
- Message Authentication Code (MAC)
- Weak and Semi-Weak Keys
- Privacy + Integrity
- GSM Encryption
- DES Attacks
- CBC: Outside vs. Inside
- Key 3DES Design Decisions
- 1. Why not 2DES?
- 2. Why Only Two Keys?
- 3. Why E-D-E and not E-E-E?
- 4. Why CBC outside?
Presentation slides in Adobe Acrobat Format:
1 slide/page (404,461 bytes)
Right click and save to download
Frequently asked questions about remote audio/video viewing
Back to other lectures of the series
Complete List of Audio/Video Lectures by Raj Jain
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page