Announced: Friday, 25 April 2003
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, 30 April 2003, 7:00 PM (firm)
Goals and Benefits:
All contestants submitting qualified entries will...
- have a chance to win cool prizes.
- receive a 10 point extra credit bonus on their lab total.
The top three entries, judged as stated in the rules below, will receive
In this semester's
CS102 Programming Contest you will spice up your
- Be sure that your Lab 6 game works. If it doesn't work, doing the
rest of these steps won't help any, so you should go back and fix it first.
- If you want to go for prizes and glory, you should add
new features to your game that will impress the judges.
Be creative! (Free images and sounds can be found on the web.
In lab section, demonstrate your cool client and server to the TAs.
- Only students currently enrolled in CS102 may enter the contest.
- All entries must execute properly. If the game doesn't work,
the entry will be disqualified.
- All entries must contain only "G-rated" material.
Judges will disqualify entries containing inappropriate language or
media content (even if it is funny). Disqualified entries will
not receive any of the benefits listed above.
- Stealing other people's code, images, or sounds is strictly prohibited.
must be your own work, except for the code we have provided for you.
Substantial penalties, beyond disqualification
from the contest, are involved.
- All entries must be demonstrated by the date posted above.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of CS102 TAs
on the basis of quality and originality.
The decisions of the judges are final and will be announced at a stirring
awards ceremony during the final exam. Good Luck!
Last modified 20:08:24 CDT 24 April 2003
by Ron K. Cytron