Networking For Big Data
Raj Jain's IEEE CS Keynote at 19th Annual International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM) 2013, Chennai, India, October 22, 2013.
This talk covers the following topics:
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2013
- What’s Big?
- What is Google Trends?
- You are what you search!
- Big Data: Google Trends
- Why Big Data?
- Why 200M for Big Data?
- Recent News about Big Data
- Big Data: Which Field?
- Networking is the Basis of Big Data
- Big Data Enabled by Networking
- Networking Requirements for Big Data
- Recent Developments in Networking
- 1. Virtualization
- 2. Virtualizing Storage
- 3. Virtualizing Rack Storage Connectivity
- Multi-Root IOV
- 4. Virtualizing Data Center Storage
- 5. Virtualizing Metro Storage
- Virtualizing the Global Storage
- Software Defined Networking
- SDN Impact
- Network Function Virtualization
- Big Data for Networking
Presentation slides in Adobe Acrobat Format:
Right click and save to download
Frequently asked questions about remote audio/video viewing
Back to other lectures of the series
Complete List of Audio/Video Lectures by Raj Jain
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page