This is the site for the CSE department’s Graduate Student Association. Here you will find more information about what we do, who we are, upcoming events, and useful resources.
Official Mission Statement
The purpose of the Washington University in St. Louis Computer Science and Engineering Graduate Student Association (GSA) is to represent all the graduate students of our department. We promote interaction amongst students, collegiate activities and, when possible, address the needs and concerns of our fellow graduate students.
What We Do
We run DSS, Happy Hour, Tea Time and several social events throughout the year.
- DSS (Doctoral Student Seminar) : We provide an opportunity for every graduate student to practice their presentation skills and receive feedback on talks. This occurs every Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Happy Hour : Every Friday we also host the department Happy Hour, with food, drinks, and beer for all CSE graduate students and faculty.
- Tea Time : We also host a tea time every Tuesday, to make sure that everyone in the department gets a mid-week break.
- Trivia Night – We typically host a trivia night in October and April every year, which is open to all CSE faculty, students, and staff.
- BBQs : We host the orientation BBQ at the start of every Fall semester for new students, and the summer BBQ in June for CSE students, faculty, staff, and their families.
President – Jason Barnes
Vice President – Jake Gardner
Secretary – Samuel Powell
Treasurer – Michelle Ichinco
Happy Hour Chair – Missael Garcia
DSS Chairs – Rahav Dor and Jake Gardner
Webmaster – Jason Barnes
You can find us in our respective offices around the CSE department.